What to consider to pick the Right Photographer in Calgary
Why Us?Things to consider when deciding on your Photographer
Finding the right photographer in Calgary can be a tricky business when there are as many to choose from as there are here. We would like to provide you with a few helpful hints to help you with your search. Here are some of the most frequent questions and ones you too should consider asking.
Do I get to keep My Images?
One of the first questions is often “Do I get a DVD or digital copy of all my pictures?” The short answer is yes, because we provide a shareable gallery of all of the photos, you have the ability to download any or all of the images you want. The longer answer is that the images available for download are sized for electronic distribution. They look good on a screen but because of the differences between printed copies and screen copies, they probably will not look as good if you try and print them. We retain the full size original image (commonly called a raw file). For us every picture is important, they simply must be captured as a raw file. These are pictures you plan to frame and admire for the rest of your life, and you deserve to expect the best quality possible. Unfortunately, these are huge and cannot be displayed on a computer screen unless you have special programs. We will provide a low res copy of all of your images (downloadable from the website) as well as keeping the raw files to generate those photos for your Photobook and Prints. Really want the full size files? We understand and can provide those as part of the Package.
When do I get my prints? We provide the gallery viewable photos within a week. You select from those photos, we do a retouch, and create test prints. Typically the Photolab we use takes 3-4 days to process the images. So while total time is dependent on a number of factors, you can expect Prints within two weeks. Custom Photos and Photobooks take a little longer.
What if I can’t afford the prints now? This is why it is important to hire a professional photographer. Even if your budget is low, even if you can’t afford to order prints right away, you know that at least the images are captured, and can be ordered at a later time. Having an amateur photographers can have devastating results if images are lost or destroyed. Professionals that have tried and true backup strategies minimize those risks. Each image is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you deserve to remember it with beautiful, quality photographs.
What services are included in processing the prints?
Are you just getting someone to hold the camera or will your photographer provide the services that make your images special? We provide Retouching, Photobooks, Spectacular Locations, Lighting, Props and the cultural understanding to capture the important parts of your photos. We strive to provide the personal touch that makes you feel as special as you are.
Do you provide a Consultation?
Your photographer should also request a consultation. They should want to get to know you, so they can accurately capture photos that reflect your style. Allowing you to simply book off the internet and meet purely for a deposit tells you that they are not concerned with details, and as you know, it’s all about details.
What style of Photography do you do?
Look at the photographer’s style of work. Look at the pictures on their website and in their studio, and make sure they have the ability to do a variety of work. You should see formals, candids, and photo journalistic representations. And of course, you too have style and you want to ensure the photographers style matches your own. If this is a wedding we think the best way to accomplish this is to have your photographer do your engagement photos. This allows both parties to become familiar with the needs and desires of the other in a relatively low risk situation. Engagement photos can be redone, wedding photos can't. We include our engagement photo shoot for free if you commit to our full service package. For our other Photos, we offer a money back guarantee if we cant satisfy your needs.
It there a Plan B?
Things happen, weather goes bad, people get sick. Your photographer should also offer some kind of weather/backup insurance, providing you with a safe haven for pictures to be taken in case the weather doesn't cooperate, or your desired location doesn't pan out. We have a number of locations that are not weather dependent, as well as a studio. We also are willing to do a second shoot on another day for those times when things cannot be resolved.
What else will the Photographer do for me?
In wrapping up your check list, one last thing to consider is the photographer’s range of work. A quality photographer will want to establish a lifetime relationship with you, capturing your unique images from your wedding through to the birth of your children, and the rest of your life’s monumental moments. A photographer who only does weddings might be in it just for the money, not concerned with ever seeing you again.
Contest Rules As a participant (“the Participant”) in a contest sponsored by BearBytes Photography, you agree by entering the contest and by using the Site to be bound by all terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced in the Contest Rules herein.
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned in ads or website guidelines.
You have to be old enough to participate. · Prize is for entrant, cannot be used by anyone else without our agreement. · Prize is as defined. · We get to use your photos in marketing and promotion without any compensation. · The Winner is responsible for all costs associated with the prize that is not written as included with the prize.
The Fine Print (the short list defined in detail)
1. Inability of winners to accept the prizes will result in forfeiture. Certain prizes may require winner to be 18 years of age or older, or have signed permission of parent or legal guardian to accept the prize.
2. The Participant agrees to be bound by any and all specific geographic, time, date and other limitations imposed on the contest by BearBytes Photography in its sole discretion without having provided notice.
3. All prizes must be accepted by the winner as awarded. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. BearBytes Photography retains the right to substitute a prize with another in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond BearBytes Photography Photography’s control.
4. If the prize involves or includes photographs or photography of the Winner, the participant agrees, in the event of winning the contest, to sign BearBytes Photography’s model release of any and all of the images for marketing and promotion purposes in any medium as a condition, WITHOUT COMPENSATION of receiving the prize.
5. Winner and Participants will permit BearBytes Photography to use their name, voice and/or likeness, and their written entries without prior notice or compensation for promotional purposes in mediums of all forms including web cast, Internet or print.
6. No prize may be used in any way that might have or be expected to have an adverse or negative effect on BearBytes Photography, including its business, reputation or employees.
7. All prizes will be presented to winners at BearBytes Photography Calgary office or shipped direct to winner by registered courier, unless otherwise noted.
8. Winners must use their true, legal name when playing contests or claiming prizes and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
9. Only one person may enter their name on any contest written entry form or Internet-based entry. No “duos”, groups or teams will be allowed to enter together.
10. If events have been awarded as a prize and the event does not occur for any reasons beyond the control of BearBytes Photography, BearBytes Photography will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
11. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, and any other restrictions established by BearBytes Photography’s prize partner(s) including those pertaining to hotels, airlines, trains, ships, ground transfer companies and other aspects of the prize(s).
12. The Winner is responsible for all costs associated with the prize that is not written as included with the prize.
13. Upon winning any prize from BearBytes Photography, the contestant is no longer eligible to win any subsequent prize from BearBytes Photography for a period of thirty (30) days from the first win.
14. Upon winning a prize valued at $500, no member of the household where the winner resides may win a subsequent trip or prize valued at $500 or more for a period of one (1) year from the first win.
15. The Participant agrees, in the event of winning the contest, to sign a release and indemnification agreement as a condition of receiving the prize, wherein the Participant agrees that he/she has entered the contest at their own risk and agrees to indemnify and hold forever harmless BearBytes Photography, its affiliated and parent companies, its staff, sponsors, promotional agencies, agents, assigns or any of their staff responsible for injuries, accidents, misfortunes or causes of action arising from or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the contest and/or acceptance and use of the prize.
16. Any and all disputes, conflicts, interpretations, questions or concerns regarding space, rules, contests and/or their associated prizes will be determined by BearBytes Photography in its sole discretion and whose decisions are final.
17. The contest and prize are subject to Federal, Provincial and local regulations and laws and may be void where restricted or prohibited by law.
18. Any prizes that are in the form of a gift certificate or credit towards sessions, prints, frames or other BearBytes Photography products can only be applied to new orders or new sessions, not existing orders or booked sessions. More than one gift certificate or credit cannot be grouped to be applied towards any one session or order(s) arising from any particular session.
19. BearBytes Photography reserves the right to amend these contest rules and regulations at any time within its discretion and for any reason.
20. Prizes for this contest must be redeemed or booked for redemption within 30 days of the declaration of a winner.
In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return BearBytes Photography or its agents form declaration and release prepared by BearBytes Photography or its agents before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released;